Welcome to Superstition Springs Center (the “Center”). We strive to provide an enjoyable and safe shopping environment for you, your family and the employees of the Center. The Center, including the parking areas, is private property. The Center is open for the purpose of shopping, dining and entertainment; thus, appropriate behavior is required at all times. The rules set forth in this Code of Conduct (“Code”) will be in effect at all times while visiting our Center and are subject to change. Persons who refuse to comply with the Code will be asked to leave the Center. Those who fail or refuse to leave the Center after being asked based on a violation of the Code may be subject to arrest. The following rules govern your rights to be at the Center and these activities are specifically prohibited:
1. IMPROPER ATTIRE: Failing to be fully clothed (including wearing pants in a manner that expose undergarments), or wearing apparel which is likely to provoke a disturbance or embroil other groups or the general public in open conflict or is otherwise inappropriate in a shopping environment (such as clothing with obscenities, “fighting words,” gang symbols, sexually explicit language or displays pornography, grisly or gruesome material). Excluding attire worn in accordance with religious practice or tradition, or for medical reasons, visitors may not wear any covering that fully or partially obscures a person’s face.
2. PHYSICAL CONDUCT: Physically threatening any person, fighting, hitting, spitting, photographing or videotaping in an aggressive or intimidating manner, annoying others through noisy or boisterous activities, unnecessarily staring in an intimidating or lewd manner, stalking, or in any other way creating a disturbance which is disruptive or dangerous to others or the business activities of the Center.
3. VERBAL CONDUCT: Verbally threatening or harassing a person, using obscenities, or using sexually explicit language, obscene gestures or racial, religious or ethnic slurs which are likely to create a disturbance or infringe on the rights or peace of other patrons of the Center.
4. DISTURBING THE PEACE: Assembling for the purpose of disturbing the public peace or committing any unlawful act. Yelling, “hawking,” screaming, singing, playing of musical instruments, radios, use of any device or instrument or equipment for the reproduction or amplification of sound or otherwise creating noise that impinges on the hearing or peace of the Center’s patrons beyond a ten (10) foot radius. The use of a generator is also prohibited.
5. WEAPONS: Possession of any item that could be used as a weapon is prohibited, including, but not limited to: firearms, explosives, fireworks, clubs or sticks over ¼ inch in diameter, chemical dispensing devices, knives with blades over 2 inches in length, or any other objects that may be used in any way to inflict bodily injury.
6. CRIMINAL ACTIVITY: Any act which constitutes a crime or criminal conduct under a statute or ordinance.
7. SAFETY/IMPEDING THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC: Running, skipping, skating, rollerblading, skateboarding, bicycling, riding Razors, using a scooter or Segway (except if needed due to a disability), or otherwise obstructing or interfering with the free flow of pedestrian traffic or with patrons’ views of windows or displays.
8. SOLICITATION/COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY: Soliciting money or other contributions or donations, engaging in commercial activity or distributing advertising materials.
9. EXPRESSIVE ACTIVITY: Expressive Activity (aka Free Speech), unless permitted by, and in conformance with, the Center’s Rules for Public Use of the Mall’s Common Areas.
10. INTERNET: Viewing or displaying material on laptops, tablet computers, smartphones, etc. that is likely to provoke a disturbance or embroil the Center’s patrons in conflict, uses obscenities, “fighting words,” sexually explicit language, or images displaying the aforementioned content, or displays of pornography, grisly or gruesome material. Excessive use of the Center’s Wi-Fi system is also prohibited.
11. GRAFFITI/VANDALISM/TRASH: Defacing, damaging or destroying property in any area belonging to the Center, its patrons or tenants, including writing, spraying, scratching or affixing decals, signs or other graffiti on such property. Throwing or discarding any paper, glass or other matter of any kind except in designated trash and recycling receptacles. Removing items from any trash or recycling receptacle.
12. LOITERING: Loitering or using the Center as a place of slumber or temporary residence.
13. ANIMALS: Bringing animals to the Center, with the exception of leashed service animals accompanied by a person with a disability or trainer, or a dog weighing less than 10 pounds in an enclosed carrier, or in accordance with the Center’s pet policy, if applicable.
14. ALCOHOL AND NARCOTICS: Possessing open cans, bottles or other receptacles containing any alcoholic beverage, except in businesses licensed to serve alcoholic beverages, or possessing or using illegal substances.
15. SMOKING: Smoking, including electronic cigarettes.